Thursday, June 24, 2010

sunland..

SO....We (as in Ryan and I) drove out to Sunland. We left at 3:15 and took the 5, we did this intentionally because if we were to move out there, on Thursdays, i'd be coming back to Sunland from Biola at that time (that's when one of the classes I would teach next fall gets out) and it took exactly 1 hour to get to Sunland from Biola. There was only a little bit of traffic. So, we got there, were greeted by Duke, the senior pastor, and he took us to dinner. It was so nice to finally meet him in person. We talked about our process from the time we said no to Sunland till now. Then we went back to the church and met the elders. Again, so thankful to finally meet them in person. After we shared with them about our process over the past few months, to then receive Duke's email and the process with that over the past two weeks, they shared their process and how even on their end, the time between was God ordained and they needed that time as well. They got a chance to get to know me a bit, and we are moving forward in this hiring process with them. The stewardship committee is meeting between now and July 18th (the next time we meet with them, it will be to meet the leaders of the church at a bbq) and then will give us their offer.

Thank you for your prayers. I feel so thankful and it's been amazing to sit back and watch the Lord work this all out. I know I wasn't so thankful several weeks ago, and couldn't see what the Lord was up to, even though I knew he had to be up to something since he closed a door at Talbot for me. I sit expectant to now watch him work this all out.

1 comment:

RShaef said...

Thank you for the update! Looking forward to see how this progresses. Love.