Wednesday, January 30, 2008

missing it...

do you ever feel like sometimes you are missing life? i have been so busy this past month trying to stay above water in a New Testament class...now school just started again and i feel like i can't catch up, things just keep happening...my dad has knee surgery tomorrow, my mom is sick, my sister just started a new job and i've not even called her to ask her how it was going this week, the kids are amazing but i feel like i'm missing them. i miss them because i have to get the laundry done, go grocery shopping, keep the house in order somehow...at some point see my husband...oh and study! so, besides feeling like i'm missing it, i feel like i am missing myself in all of it. how am i? fine? good? obfuscated (to quote our christmas letter)...how are you all? is anyone reading little blog? (i do need to put more blogs on here...)
anyway...those are my thoughts as i begin to assemble all my school work and get it in order so i have an idea of what the heck is going on this semester. don't get me wrong, i'm soooooo excited for this semester and the prospect of all i have ahead of me. this time last year i had no desire to work on anything, i just wanted to be with my grandma. now that she is no longer in pain and with our dear lord and great healer (and not to say waves of grief overwhelm me still, almost a year later), i am in a different place that last year. i look forward to learning more about myself and the Lord and all that is in between. anyway...thanks for reading my venting. it helped to get it out.

1 comment:

Ruthie said...

Oh, I so know what you mean. Granted.. i do not have the pulls that you are experiencing, but it still can be overwhelming to feel like every day you get up and just go. It makes me love the moments when i can sit at the park or open the window and you can feel the peace and slow pace.

I will be praying for you. I love you so much!!!