Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Lent Day 7

How was your long weekend? How was contemplating that soon and very soon, our Savior is coming? What thoughts came up for you during this time?

Today's devotional is from "Lent & Easter, Henri Nouwen" Day 7.

Abandonment To God's Will

This morning during my hour of prayer, I tried to come to some level of abandonment to my heavenly Father. It was a hard struggle since so much in me wants to do my will, realize my plans, organize my future, and make my decisions. Still, I know that true joy comes from letting God love me the way God wants, whether it is through illness or health, failure or success, poverty or wealth, rejection or praise. It is hard for me to say, " I shall gratefully accept everything, Lord, that pleases you. Let your will be done. " But I know that when I truly believe my Father is pure love, it will become increasingly possible to say these words from the heart.

Abide in God's will - Scripture Meditation

Beloved...Do not love the world or the things in the world. The love of the Father is not in those who love the world; for all that is in the world - the desire of the flesh, the desire of the eyes, the pride of riches - comes not from the Father but from the world. And the world and it's desire are passing away, but those who do the will of God live forever.

I John 2:7, 15-17

Prayer
by Charles de Foucauld

I abandon myself into your hands;
do with me what you will.
Whatever you may do, I thank you;
I am ready for all, I accept all.
Let only your will be done in me
and in all your creatures.
I wish no more than this, O Lord.
Into your hands I commend my soul;
I offer it to you with all the love of my heart,
for I love you, Lord,
and so need to give myself into your hands,
without reserve and with boundless confidence
For you are my Father. Amen.

Action

Instead of refusing to accept God's will, especially when it is harsh, say, "Thy will be done!" Give yourself over to unbounded acceptance of the plan that has been mapped out for you by God.

Worship song for your day:
Fernando Ortega - Jesus Paid it All

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pILU40RtuOs&safety_mode=true&persist_safety_mode=1&safe=active

No comments: