Monday, February 25, 2013

Lent days 13-17

(here is a link to Ryan's sermon in case you want to hear it-this week's is not up yet, but will be soon!) http://d931106.u45.truepath.com/exodus-sermon-series-2013/

I was really challenged by Ryan's sermon yesterday and Jill's words to him about not always focusing on the fails in life, but the wins. I often am reminded by Ryan in our home and at the church that we need to celebrate wins as well. So this is where we are going to camp for the week. Let's contemplate together each day where the Lord is at work in our life, our home/family, our church and our community-the "wins" in our life...the moments where there isn't a failure. These are also moments that tie into "But then God..." wouldn't you agree? Isn't that phrase just an invitation to see where God is at work turning something around? Turning mourning into dancing? Turning failure into success in His name? This is the spiritual discipline we'll focus on this week. I have a propensity towards seeing the glass half empty and seeing my failures. Which, as Ryan showed us in that one photo, gives tunnel vision to what the Lord is at work doing. He has been doing so many amazing things in my life, in yours, in our church-let's focus on this this week. This is also a beautiful connection to the Lent season. There is a time to focus on our sin to feel the weight of it as we anticipate the Resurrection of our Lord lifting the weight from our shoulders, however there is also a time to see that the coming of our Lord during advent, and the promise of the Resurrection bringing freedom.

Below is the text from yesterdays sermon when God is speaking to Moses. Read this this week and see how each day something new will arise. Journal what comes up each day. Do you see the power of God in this passage? Do you feel how just as he is for Moses, he is for you? Perhaps you can place yourself in the scene of the passage. Who are you in the scene? What emotions come up for you while you are in the scene? Go to God with all that comes up each day. Peace to you as each day you enter into this passage, and you explore your life this week to see the beauty of success and the wins in your life that the Lord has designed.


Exodus 7:1-7

 Then the Lord said to Moses, “See, I make you as God to Pharaoh, and your brother Aaron shall be your prophet. 2 You shall speak all that I command you, and your brother Aaron shall speak to Pharaoh that he let the sons of Israel go out of his land. 3 But I will harden Pharaoh’s heart that I may multiply My signs and My wonders in the land of Egypt. 4 When Pharaoh does not listen to you, then I will lay My hand on Egypt and bring out My hosts, My people the sons of Israel, from the land of Egypt by great judgments. 5 The Egyptians shall know that I am the Lord, when I stretch out My hand on Egypt and bring out the sons of Israel from their midst.” 6 So Moses and Aaron did it; as the Lord commanded them, thus they did. 7 Moses was eighty years old and Aaron [a]eighty-three, when they spoke to Pharaoh.

Worship song for the week:
Revelation Song - Kari Jobe

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3dZMBrGGmeE&safety_mode=true&persist_safety_mode=1&safe=active

No comments: