Saturday, December 26, 2009

Merry Christmas!!

Alicia's apron i sewed her

The christmas dresses I made all the girl cousins
Here is a link to the pattern/blog that i got this dress from


All the skirts I made for the girls for christmas



Twirling





















Hey all!! Well...I am sitting here, post easy bake oven testing (two cookies...took about an hour to cook after going around town searching for the correct light bulb...at least she had fun!) watching the USC/Boston game at my in laws sitting wishing I hadn't eaten so much...Thought it'd be a great time to update y'all

Christmas was awesome this year! It always is...but man...it was really an amazing few days. I have not been shopping really since August and it was such a overload of stuff! I wasn't so sure about going out by myself as gift giving is a HUGE love of mine, so Ry and I went together. That was so much fun! We also only went over budget by about $50...when usually it's more like $500! so...i'm sooo proud of us!!

We also tried to institute some new traditions of our own. We really wanted to figure out a way to bring home the idea/reality of Christ's birth and that we are celebrating his birth, not just opening presents. So, we took about 10% of what we allocated for christmas shopping money and went on www.worldvision.com and the kids got to choose two gifts to give to Jesus. Emily chose two baby chickens to give to a family and William chose two soccer balls to give away.

We spent Christmas Eve with The Lows and Christmas day with my family ending the day at the Lows. Here are some photos of our 24 hrs. I hope and pray you had such a wonderful time with family and friends. Love to you and yours!
The Lows

No comments: