Thursday, August 6, 2009

inspiration



so...recently, i've been sewing and searching out new ideas for sewing...i think i've created a monster!! soooo...this blog world that is out there is pretty overwhelming me with the ideas of some majorly creative people and then at the same time it's like, "ohhh...there are others out there like me who look at things and try to figure out how to repurpose and reuse things!"

so...http://mymamamadeit.blogspot.com/ is like my new blog of the day on repurposing your kids outfits....check out:
http://mymamamadeit.blogspot.com/search/label/children%27s%20clothing%20refahioning%20children%27s%20tutorial

so...guess what i'll be doing tonight!! SYTYCD finale (GO JEANINE!!) and sewing new clothes for em for school out of old shirts!!!! am i a nerd? didn't we all used to go out and party late into the night and now that we are married with kids and old, did i ever think i'd be home doing this? i'm sooo glad i am though. THANK YOU AGAIN ed and linda for my sewing machine...THANK YOU!

oh...and a shot out to http://www.leeloublogs.blogspot.com/ for the new free template for my blog. it's a bit busy but i LOVE the colors, so summery!! i'll have to adjust the photos and stuff, but i needed to redo this blog, it needed a face lift...

what are your inspirations for today?
p.s. the photos are of the clothes i just made for emily...my very first shirt and skirt for her!! i just made another skirt (with MAJOR assistance from my dear aunt LeAnne and my mom in law the lovely Linda. ) i'll photog that one and show it to you. i got the pattern from somewhere online...i can't recall, sorry! if you want it, i'll find it and send you the link

1 comment:

Libby said...

Great job on the outfit!! How did the shirt go? Got any good links for how to do shirts like that with sleeves? I am really wanting to graduate from sleeveless strappy tops for little girls to sleeved ones. My girl really needs some short and long sleeved shirts.