Sunday, May 17, 2009

here i am....

okay...so it's been over a month since my last post...it's been that kind of month-ish. here is a re-cap
1) coughed for about one month till they figured out that it was bronchitis so, i'm way better now
2) school has been consuming. i suppose that happens since it's my last month
3) the kids are just amazing and really troopers considering i feel as though i've been totally preoccupied with school
4) ry gave me flowers and a beautiful card for mothers day. it was so thoughtful. i don't think he has purchased me flowers in about 7 years. he's not a flower guy. BUT...he is a word guy so i always get words...and he gave me such a gift this year of words. thanks, babe.
5) the kids began their first organized sport, indoor soccer. ill post photos and explain next post
6) we got to witness the marriage of our dear friends courtney and andrew. ry married them, we sang and em and will were the flower girl/ring bearer. yes, again. i'l post photos next
7) last night was the first of a week of goodbyes for me. in my graduate program, as you finish, the professors and your peers gather for a night of prayer and blessing over you and you receive a ring that is engraved with the words, "abide in me". i can't convey in words what this night was like last night. how can the past three years be over??!! i have a HUGE two part comprehensive old test. final tomorrow and i'm soooo very thankful that i didn't even think about it last night. i was sooooo able to be present to receive all the amazing words and prayers of my dearest community. i will forever be changed by their sharpening, encouragement and love.

so...that is what we've been up to. i know there has been a ton more...but i'll post photos and add captions to explain more...pray for me this week as i study all day and night today/night for this Old Test. comp. final. it's at 9:30am tomorrow morning.

No comments: