Thursday, July 24, 2008

Green idea

okay...so it's not super green...but it's a lifestyle change (which i consider to be green)
(this is sort of what i wrote in a previous post, but abbreviated...)
consider your purchases...do you really need those shoes...jeans...blouse...cd...dvd...side table...
how can i reuse what i have?  how can i re-paint, re-arrange, re-purpose what i have?  
an idea for furniture re-purposing...:
need a side table?  stack books up (i'm sure you are like me and have a TON of books ranging in width and thickness) to the desired height...put a tray on the top if you don't want to have the books as your table top...and there you go!  an instant side table that also saved you buying a bookcase, new shelves and a new side table!!  or use and old trunk, or old luggage...get creative and think outside the box and you will be suprised with you can come up with!!  

okay...that's it for now!  let me know some new green ideas...leave your comments on what you've done or how you re-arranged to give your room some new life... : )  

4 comments:

Anna said...

I think we'll try doing this with CD's.

We are doing the real towel thing and will not buy paper towels anymore either. Thanks for the great ideas, they will make a difference for us I think.

I also have tons of stuff I am trying to get rid of... nice stuff too. I should do what you're doing. And with the money I might save, I might buy your black coach purse, hehehehe ;)

Unknown said...

I love this post. It is green to think before buying. I just read another blog that says 80% of the things in our house never get used. That really got me thinking.
I'd love to have a play date! Email me at chflaming@aol.com

cbpaschall said...

Hey Alyssa!
We try to do one new "green" thing per month and this past month was to wash by hand dishes for bfast and lunch and only fill the dishwasher at dinner. I hate washing dishes so much that it has made us think twice about grabbing a new cup from the cupboard so we are using less water, less dirty towels, etc.

2 months ago we started re-using our ziplocks. next month we are switching to cloth napkins with a napkin ring for each family member.

Alyssa said...

i LOVE your ideas, carrie!!! THANK YOU! keep the comments comin!