Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Retreat


In the graduate program I am in at Talbot-The Institute for Spiritual Formation, we are required (yeah!) to take a 48hr retreat away each semester we are in school. Tomorrow I leave for my retreat. I'm going to Santa Barbara (I LOVE it up there...the drive...i LOVE love long drives with starbucks in one hand and good music in the other!) with another student from the program (Renee, yeah!) and we planned the retreat for each other. We are taking a class on retreat. How to plan one for others (questions to ask, what they are in need of in their life for a retreat, where to go for them etc...etc...) how to process the retreat post retreat and all the other things that have to do with retreat. Renee and I are partners and we leave tomorrow. I was dreading it all week because I have more due for school on April 21st and 28th than I have time to produce and leaving for 48hrs doesn't make sense. But, is there really ever a good time to take a retreat from life? Doesn't something always come up? I think the enemy uses those time fillers in our life to distract us from going away for a specific amount of time to meet with the Lord. Now, I am so excited for it!! I can't wait.
Please, if you think about it, pray for our time. The drive, accomidations, food, that sleep is restful and we feel rejuvinated. I know Renee needs it, but I need it too! (a mom of two in grad school...i need sleep!) So, thank you, friends, for joining me in prayer for our time.
I'll let you know how it goes! Take care friends. Hope you have time maybe this summer to get away even for a day. If you need help ever planning a retreat or need places to consider taking a retreat, feel free to ask! I'd love to help.

No comments: