Friday, February 29, 2008

purge!!

So, I have no idea where this energy is coming from (since ry has been on the couch all week with brochitis and a fever), but I have this sudden need to re-arrange and to purge! We got our two bedrooms repainted this week which has inspired me to literally tear our house and storage open and re-arrange. The kids room is done, the hall is almost done, our bedroom is next, the living room will stay the same (not much i can do here in terms of re-arrangement) but will have some new stuff on the walls to brighten it up a bit...i can't wait to attack our bedroom tonight!! i'll show photos soon. it will be a great idea to post photos too because I don't know that many of you or the family out of town who reads this really know what our home looks like since we live in a dormitory. We have a two bedroom with an office apartment and a little back yard. I love our home. it's quick to get cluttered, but warm, mostly peaceful and comfortable.

Many friends will be the happy recipients of my purging, which could not make me happier to bless them with our stuff (and to get rid of it too!!!!!) To those friends, i'll see you Saturday!! If I have anything left, i'll be having a garage sale soon at my in-laws house (since we technically do not have a garage). Do you even just get to a point that you look around and you realize just how much stuff you really have? This is what happened to me and now that most all things that will be kept is now contained in new baskets and boxes, it is now time to get it all out!! : ) sigh...yeah!

Much love to you all!
aly

3 comments:

Robyn Smith said...

my goodness your kids are big! miss you, friend. wish i could come collect from your treasures. you have good junk! :) love you.

Jenna Lyndsay said...

hi aly. i have to agree with robyn. you do have good "junk." :) have fun purging. i totally get into those moods too!

Alyssa said...

thanks!! i love my junk too, that is probably why i have so much!! i didn't unload as much as i had hoped, so look for a garage sale soon!

love you jenna and robs! robs, miss you so much dear one.