Saturday, December 1, 2007

freedom...

so...i am in my last full weeks of classes...wrapping up the first half of grad school. i have a year and a half to go. i LOVE it. this year is a huge year of learning for me. not that last year wasn't, but i was not able to really soak it in while in the midst of caring for and letting go of my grandmother. i was introduced to the beauty of death last year. i am still learning this beauty. there is much more than actual death of the body when i speak of this. death of a former life i clung to, ideals i thought i was entitled to, even the word entitled is a word i'm letting go of. but, in the death, there is beauty. there is an openness, and there is a freedom. it overflows in my mind...my heart swells...and sigh of relief washes over me. relief that i do not have to do my life on my own anymore. although this is ever so comfortable and all too familiar, it is now the way back towards death and not life, openness, freedom. true beauty.

new photos to come soon...i promise! much love to you and yours during this advent season.

No comments: